Check Patient In
Q: How do I check the patient in?
1. Locate the Appointment
In the Scheduler, locate the appointment using the calendar.
2. Open the Appointment
Double-click on the appointment to open it.
3. Enter/Verify Patient Demographics
- Select the Demographics tab
- Enter/update the Patient Information
- Enter/update the Address
- Enter/update the Contact Information
- Enter/update the Patient Picture
- Enter/update the Provider Information
- Enter/udpdate the Billing Information
4. Enter/Update Insurance Information
- Select the Insurance tab
- Verify insurance policy
- Or enter a new insurance policy by clicking the New Insurance button (Green +)
- Scan the Insurance Card by clicking the Add Scan button
5. Verify Insurance Coverage
To verify the patients insurance coverage, if you are a SOAPware Practice Management user with Gateway EDI:
- Click the Check Eligibility button.
This will insert a new tab to display the patients insurance coverage information.
If you are not a SOAPware Practice Management user, you can manually verify the patients insurance coverage then follow the steps below:
- Click on the Schedule tab
- Check the box to indicate Insurance Verified
6. Check In
Click the Check In button to change the appointment status to "Arrived".