Notify the Provider that the Patient is Ready to be Seen
Q: How do I notify the provider that a patient is ready to be seen?
1. Open the Patient Chart
To open the chart, go to the Chart menu, then select Chart Rack. Search for the patient and click the Open Chart button.
2. Nurse/M.A. Creates a SOAPnote
- Create new SOAPnote by clicking the Green + button
- Complete the Task Information (the task should be assigned to the Nurse or M.A. until the patient is ready for the provider)
- Insert all necessary information into the SOAPnote
Close the Chart.
Now that the Nurse/M.A. has entered their documentation (ie: vitals, summary, subjective, etc...) the patient is now ready to be seen by the provider. To notify the provider that the patient is ready to be seen, the Nurse/M.A. should reassign the task item to the provider.
3. Open the Task List
Click on the Tasks docked tab, or go to SOAPware > Tasks.
4. Select Task
Highlight the task that is associated with this patient's SOAPnote.
5. Change Action/Status
Change Action/Status if necessary:
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Action/Status column
- Select necessary status (this could be the exam room number or a generic "ready to see")
4. Assign Task to the Provider
- Click on the drop-down menu in the Assigned To column
- Select the provider's name
The task will be removed from the Nurse/M.A.'s task list, and will be placed on the appropriate provider's task list.