7. HCPCS Maintenance (Block 24D)
Tools -> Billing Maintenance -> HCPCS Maintenance
HCPCS Search by Code
HCPCS Search by Description
Create a Custom HCPCS Description
1. After selecting a HCPCS code, Place a check mark if you wish to Use the Custom Descriptions when searching for this code.
2. Begin typing a short description of your choice for this selected HCPCS code.
Note: Only complete this section if using descriptions other than the original short descriptions for the HCPCS code.
Inactivate a HCPCS code
Assign NDC Number to specific HCPCS
1. If a HCPCS requires NDC numbers, type the numbers into the NDC Number field.
2. Determine which codes have NDC numbers assigned to them at a glance. If there is a number in the NDC column, that number will be included on paper and electronic claims whenever that code is charged in a patient account.