8. ICD Maintenance (Block 21)
Tools menu -> Billing Maintenance -> ICD Maintenance
Select ICD Type to search by clicking on the ICD-9 or ICD-10 radio button. Begin typing the ICD code in the ICD Look up and as you type, the codes and short descriptions are
Begin typing the ICD description in the Short Description lockup and as you type, the codes and short
descriptions are listed.
1. After selecting a ICD code, Place a check mark if you wish to use the custom descriptions when
searching for this code.
2. Begin typing a short description of your choice for this selected ICD code.
3. Click Save.
Note: Only complete this section if using descriptions other than the original short descriptions for the
1. To inactivate a ICD code and delete it from the ICD Code List, Place a check mark in the Inactive box.
2. Click Save.
Note: This will not completely remove it from the data base, but will hide it from view if there is also a check mark in
the Hide Inactive Codes option.
1. Effective date column lists the year the code is in effect.
2. Modified Date column lists the date the code was last modified.
3. When an ICD code is discontinued Deactivation Date column will list the date it was discontinued.
Note: The dates are automatically inserted when modified or updated