Claims will need to go through the Scrubbing process to check for missing data. This process will catch claims that are missing some basic information, such as insurance information, patient demographics, charge information, payer information, etc.
An option to Bypass Scrubber in the On Hold and Pending sections allows for claims missing a Provider Signature, or an invalid State for Canada and Puerto Rico to proceed to Ready to Submit. All claims must be scrubbed the first time to be certain that the only rejections are Invalid State or Missing Provider Signature.
Pending Scrub Section
Patient accounts with payer information entered into the Insurance Demographics section of the Chart/Patient Account will automatically produce a claim when new charges are Posted to the Patient Ledger, and those claims will be placed in the Pending section of the Claims Manager. Claims can be selected for Scrubbing one at a time , selected claims or all claims.
1. Click on the claim line to highlight.
To select random claims, Click on a Claim and while holding down the Ctrl key, left click on other claims to highlight. To Select all claims in a section, Click on the first claim to highlight and while holding down the Shift key, Click on the last claim to highlight those two and all the claims in between.
2. Click the Scrub button. Claims will be moved to the Ready To Process section. If the scrubber finds an error on any claims, those claims will be moved to the On Hold section with a description of the error.
Note the Claim number 1327 in the red box. Insurance remittance/response will use this claim number in the Patient Account section of the EOB to identify the patient.
Claims will be moved to the Ready To Submit section unless the scrubber finds error(s) on a claim as shown in this screen shot. Claims with errors will be moved to the On Hold section to be edited/corrected and rebuilt. A reason for rejection will be noted in Hold Notes column.
3. Click Ok. The error dialog will continue to prompt you to click OK for each claim that has errors until all selected claims have been scrubbed.
If a paper claim is missing the Provider Signature, or if any claim has an Invalid State (for Puerto Rico or Canada), you can Bypass the Scrub once you've verified that those are the only two reasons for rejection.
1. Select Bypass Scrub from the drop down list in the Status column in the On Hold or Pending Section
3. Scrub claim
4. Highlight claim and Submit Selected. Claim Notes will show Bypassed Scrub with a date stamp