Scanning with SOAPware Cloud Solution
This lesson will describe how to scan into SOAPware using the SOAPware Cloud Solution.
SCS Scanning Options
Due to limitations with Windows, document scanners cannot directly scan into the SOAPware Cloud Solution. However, there are some options:
The TSScan third party software gives Windows Remote Desktop the ability to access a scanner from your local computer. The software programs listed below are currently being used by a number of SCS Users and SOAPware, Inc. has no complaints concerning their usage.
- TSScan - Remote Desktop Scanning by Terminal Works.
Click here for a lesson that goes over how to scan locally & import your Document(s) over to your SCS server for importing into SOAPware.
Scanning Into the Local Computer and Importing into SOAPware
The concept of importing images is very simple. This process is documented for end-users who wish to transfer files from their local computer (client) to the SCS server (server), to import into SOAPware, or to utilize their virtual server as an cloud repository for documents. In response to this need, we have responded with a utility called “DocTrans”. This small utility transfers files from the client’s computer to the server.
Configurations: For instructions on configuring the "DocTrans" utility, please click here.
1. Scan Document into Computer
To scan documents into the SOAPware Cloud, begin by scanning the document into your computer. Use your scanning software to enter the following information for the scan:
- When scanning the document in, give it a File name that contains the type of scan and patient name (ie: Lab Results - John Smith).
- The new scan must be saved to a specific folder, click the Browse button to select the correct folder.
- Click on the C: drive.
- Select the folder titled shstrans.
- Click OK to save the new scan to C:\shstrans.
- Click the Scan button to save the new scan.
2. Log In to SOAPware SCS and SOAPware
Next, log in to the SOAPware Cloud and SOAPware.
3. Double-Click on DocTrans Icon
Import the newly scanned documents into the SOAPware Cloud by double-clicking on the DocTrans icon located on the SOAPware Cloud desktop.
4. Shstrans Folder Opens Containing Scanned Files
After the importing process has completed, the shstrans folder will automatically open and it will contain your newly scanned documents.
5. Import Document into the Patient Chart
To import the scanned documents into the patients chart, click on SOAPware > Document Import.
- Search for the appropriate patient chart using the Chart Rack on the left.
- Select the chart by highlighting it.
- In the second window, locate the shstrans folder by opening the following: Computer > WINDOWS C: > shstrans.
- Your scanned items will be displayed in the third window. Click to highlight the scan that you wish to import, then begin dragging and dropping the item.
- Drag and drop the item into the appropriate chart section (ex: Labs).
After dragging and dropping the scanned document into the appropriate chart section, the Add Document Task window will appear.
- Complete the Task Info as desired.
- Complete the Document Info including the Date for the scan and the Name of the scan.
- Click Add.
6. Document has been Imported into the Chart
The newly scanned document has now been imported into the patient's chart.