Introduction to Data Explorer
SOAPware Data Explorer is used to search through all patient charts and report the findings. Search results can be used to generate many types of reports. Some of the common types of reports that are run in Data Explorer include:
- A SOAPnote medication search to search for all patients who have been prescribed a certain medication
- A Summary diagnosis search to search for all patients who have a certain active diagnosis
- A SOAPnote assessment search to search for all patients who have been diagnosed with a certain diagnosis
- A lab value search to search for all patients that have a lab value within a specific range
- A health maintenance search to search for all patients who have had health maintenance items performed with a specified time frame
*Note: Depending on the size of the users database, the search time can be lengthy. We recommend that you do not perform a data explorer search during clinic hours.
Accessing Data Explorer
To open the Data Explorer workspace, Click on the SOAPware menu and select Data Explorer.
Data Explorer Workspace
The Data Explorer workspace contains three tabs:
- Search tab: This area is used to create, edit and run queries against the SOAPware database. The results of the queries can be printed and/or saved.
- Manage tab: This tab displays saved results from prior searches. This section allows you to review, print and delete saved search results sets.
- Analyze tab: This tab is currently not used.
Data Explorer Interface - Search Tab
- Mini-Toolbar: The mini-toolbar allows the user to create a new query, delete and existing query, and upload or download a query from the SOAPware Cloud Library.
- Query List: This section displays a list of the user existing query's. The Include Cloud Items box can be checked if the user wishes to view queries that have been created and uploaded by other SOAPware users.
- Query Details: This section displays the query details. This section is also used to build a query.
- SMARText Quick Access: When a query is being built, this section is used to select items for the query.
- Search Button: This button can be pressed to run a query against the users database.
Data Explorer Interface - Manage Tab
- Mini-Toolbar: The mini-toolbar allows the user to delete a previously saved search result.
- List of Saved Search Results: This section presents the user with a list of their previously saved search results.
- Search Results: This section display the patient information that resulted from the previously saved search.
- Print Button: This button allows the user to print off the previously saved search results.