The Results Pending portion of Order Manager is designed to help providers keep a record of various lab tests, imaging, and immunizations that have been ordered for patients. Whenever orders are faxed, printed, or submitted as performed in house, they will automatically be moved into the Results Pending list at the bottom of Order Manager. Everything moved into the Results Pending list is also transferred to the Plan field of an open SOAPnote as well.
The lesson below describes the functions that can be performed for those orders within the Results Pending section.
Edit Order Sub-items
To edit the sub-items of an order that has already been faxed, printed, or submitted:
- Click to highlight the order in the Results Pending list.
- Scroll down using the bar on the right of the Order Manager window, and you will see the order displayed with sub-items.
- Click on each sub-item(s) you wish to edit.
- Make your selection(s) from the SMARText Quick Access window.
Any changes made in the Results Pending section will be reflected in the SOAPnote.
The Resolve Order window opens, revealing a list of all chart sections much like a user would see within Chart Navigator. To associate a docutainer with the order:
- Click to highlight the appropriate chart section.
- Click to highlight the related docutainer.
- Click Select.
The order is then moved from from the Results Pending list to the History tab of Order Manager.
View Results Docutainer from History
Transfer to History
Remove Order from Order Manager and an Unsigned SOAPnote
Remove from Order Manager Only
Print/Fax from Results Pending
To print or fax an order from Results Pending:
- Click to highlight the order. *Note: Multiple orders can selected by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking to select each order.
- Click the fax or print button, and select the appropriate document design. *Note: To designate an order design, please see: Order Manager Set Up.