Setting Up SOAPware for the Ohio Prescribing Requirements
For further information on the Ohio Prescribing requirements, please contact the Ohio Board of Pharmacy, or refer to the following Ohio Administrative Codes: OAC 4729-5-01(N) and OAC 4729-5-30.
Provider Manager Setup
To meet the requirements of the Ohio State Board, additional data must be entered in Provider Manager.
- Click on Tools > Provider Manager, then click to highlight the name of the the clinician.
- Ensure that every provider practicing in the state of Ohio has OH listed in the State field.
- If the provider has a CTP number, it needs to be entered in the State ID field.
- Whenever data is changed or entered for the first time, click the Update button to save changes.
- Repeat these steps for each clinician listed in Provider Manager.
*Note: This is a system-wide setting which only needs to be performed on one computer in the clinic.
Structured Rx Setup
Prescriptions that are faxed must have specific wording to indicate whether or not to allow substitutions.
- Go to Tools > Options and click on Structured Rx.
- Click the Headers tab and scroll down to the bottom of the window.
- In the box next to Substitutions Allowed Wording type DAW - N.
- In the box next to Substitutions Not Allowed Wording type DAW - Y.
- Click Close then log out and log back in for this change to take effect.
- These steps should be repeated under the login of every user who will utilize Rx Manger. This is a user and computer-specifc setting which needs to be performed on every computer used for prescribing.