Insurance Recouped Payment
Remits that include recouped payments along with currently processed and paid claims require 'reversing' payment amounts within the claims manager in order to balance correctly. If payers simply request a refund, that process can be done within the patient's ledger using adjustment codes.
Complete the Remit information in Insurance Payment Posting. Check amount should be the actual amount of the check, and not the Payment Amount.
Remove payment made in error
1. Type the amount being recouped in the Provider Paid column for the selected visit. To make amount negative, type a dash (-) before the amount to be recouped. A negative amount will display in parentheses as shown in the screenshot. (Adjustments taken previously will need to be reversed as well)
2. Type the negative amount being recouped in Payment Amount.
3. To document reason for negative amount, or other details, click the drop down arrow in the Notes column, type your comment, and click OK.
4. Save Claim to continue.
Apply recouped amount
Note the recouped amount is added to the Remaining amount.
5. Type Account/Claim number to which the recouped amount will be applied, and Select.
6. Type payment amount.
7. Apply payment to line item(s) in Provider Paid column.
8. Select Next Action.
9 Same Claim.
Apply Remaining Payments
11. Apply remaining payments and adjustments.
12. Save Claim
Selecting Print Payment will open the Remit Report print preview to either print or save report in several formats for later reference, if needed.
View transaction in Ledger
Double click line item to view details.
Hover over payment to display payment details, and double click line item to drill down to further details and comments.