Q: How do I change a SOAPware created shortcut code to my own shortcut code?
A: Users can change the shortcut code to any SOAPware created structured SMARText item.
If any section of the SMARText item, other than the shortcut code, is edited (i.e. Description, Display Header etc), the item will become orphaned from the SOAPware created update and will not be automatically updated with a system update. The item will have to be manually re-downloaded to be updated.
Accessing the SMARText Manager
- Click on Docutainers on the menu bar.
- Click on SMARText Items.
Select the Item to Edit
- Type the keyword of the item to edited in the Find box. Click on the find button.
- When the item is displayed, click to highlight the item.
- Click on the Edit button.
Change the Shortcut Code
- Remove the existing shortcut code (if one appears).
- Type in the desired code.
- Click Save.