Find SMARText Items
Accessing SMARText Items Manager
To access the SMARText Items Manager, click on the Docutainers menu and select SMARText Items or press F10 on the keyboard.
SMARText Items Manager Interface- Action Buttons
- Search button: Allows the user to search SMARText Items after typing a single word into the Find field. If the Find field is left blank when searching, this will display a list of ALL SMARText Items. If the box for Include Cloud Library Items is checked, the search results will include SMARText Items created by SOAPware (green triangle items) and by other SOAPware users (yellow triangle items). If the box is not checked for Include Cloud Library Items, the results will include only SMARText Items from the users local database (local library).
- Edit button: Using the Edit button will allow users to edit a SMARText Item. It is not recommended to edit anything other than the shortcut code for a SOAPware created item (green triangle item). If a user edits any other field of that item, this will prevent any updates for that item to be made. This includes any CPT Code, ICD code, or Description changes when applicable that SOAPware is required to make. For more information on Editing a SMARText Item, see: Creating and Editing SMARText Items in the SMARText Items Manager.
- Create New SMARText Item button: Allows the user to create a new SMARText Item.
- Remove button: Allows the user to remove a SMARText Item.
- Print button: Allows the user to print a list of the SMARText Items that are currently displayed.
- Download button: SMARText Items with a down-facing triangle will need to be downloaded before they can be used in the local database. Clicking on this button will download the highlighted SMARText Item to the user's local database (local library).
- Upload button: Allows the user to upload a SMARText Item that they have created to "share" with other SOAPware users. Uploading the item will place it on the Cloud Library to be downloaded and used by other users.
- Update button: SOAPware no longer recommends using this button. SMARText items should be re-downloaded on an as needed basis, not updated all at once. *Note: If a user edits or changes a field other than the shortcut of a green triangle SMARText Item, it will not be updated. For information on Editing SMARText Items, Click here.
SMARText Items Manager Interface- Columns
Column #1: Triangles
- Upward facing triangle: Indicates the SMARText item is located on a user's local database.
- Downward facing triangle: Indicates the SMARText item is located on the SOAPware Cloud Library.
- Green triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item was created by SOAPware.
- Yellow triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item has been edited or created by a SOAPware user.
- Red triangle: Indicates that the SMARText item is not available for use.
A feature to remember: SOAPware now has the ability for users to limit the display of SMARText items in the SMARText Items Manager, to those with green arrows only. (Meaning, a user will only see SMARText items created by SOAPware, or those created/edited by the site itself.) This user-specific setting can be found in Tools > Options > SMARText.
Column #2: Shortcut
- This is the Shortcut code that is assigned to the SMARText item. The Shortcut code can be used to enter the item into the documentation (see "Shortcut Code Entry Method" below).
Column #3: Description
- This column gives a description of the SMARText item. In a description that includes text with quotes, the text within quotes will be inserted into the documentation. In a description that includes text with parenthesis, the text within parenthesis will not be inserted into the documentation.
Column #4: Type
- There are several different types of SMARText items. This column will indicate the item type (ie: Dx, Rx, Multi-Sel List, Chief Finding, etc.).
Column #5: Usage
- This column indicates the number of times the SMARText item has been inserted by the user.
Column #6: Keywords
- This column will list all of the keywords that are associated with the SMARtext item. When the user searches for a SMARText item, it will search for all SMARText items containing the keyword the user entered.
Column #7: Last Modified
- This column indicates the date that the SMARText item was last modified or updated.
Column #8: ID
- The column contains an identifier for the location where the SMARText item was created or modified.
Searching within SMARText Items Manager
SMARText items can have a single shortcut and multiple keywords associated with them. To search for a SMARText Item, complete the following steps:
- Type in a keyword (single word or medical abbreviation).
- Click on the Find (magnifying glass) button as shown above.
- The user can also filter a search using this box to narrow down the results.
Inserting Items with SMARText Items Manager
To insert a SMARText Item into an active field using SMARText Items Manager:
- With a chart open, place the cursor into the desired field (ie: Active Problems, Medications Assessment, etc.).
- Click on the SMARText Item to highlight.
- Double-Click on the item to insert it into the field, or click Insert.