Activate Providers/Resources for a Facility
This lesson will demonstrate the steps that are necessary to add a provider and/or a resource to a facilities scheduler.
To access the Scheduler workspace, go to the SOAPware menu and Click Schedule.
Edit the Facility
Set Working Hours for the Provider
In addition, the provider's working hours can be customized. To do this:
- Select a day of the week
- Click the Edit button
- Enter the Start and End Times.
- Check the "Is Available" box to make the provider available for appointments (OR uncheck the "Is Available" box to indicate that the provider does not work on the selected day).
- Click OK.
Repeat the steps above to customize the provider's working hours.
The Outline Dialog box will appear. Complete the Outline Name, Color, Open Time, Close Time and Days of the week.
Some examples of how outlining can be used includes:
- Creating a color coded outline to show what times the provider accepts walk in appointments
- Creating a color coded outline to show what times the provider schedules surgeries
- Creating a color coded outline to show what times the provider schedules new patient appointments
Click the OK button to save the new Outline.
Recurring Appointments for Providers/Resources
- Appointment Time: Enter the Start Time and End Time for the recurring appointment.
- Recurrence Pattern: Select the frequency of the recurrence. For example, if the recurrence occurs every Monday-Friday, select "Daily" and "Every Weekday".
- Range of Recurrence: Select the "End date" for the recurrence. Users can select the recurrence to end after a certain number of occurrences or to end by a certain date.
- Comments: Enter the reason for the recurrence. The text entered into the Comments box will display on the schedule.
Saving the Provider/Resource Changes
Creating a New Resource for the Facility
Resources can be created for the facility. This will allow the clinic to create a calendar or schedule for other resources within the clinic. For example, the clinic may want a calendar for the in house lab or the clinic may need a calendar for the Nurse appointments, etc.
- To create a new Resource, Click the Resources tab under Provider/Resource Management.
- Click the Add Resource button (green +).