Activate Providers/Resources for a Facility
This lesson will demonstrate the steps that are necessary to add a provider and/or a resource to a facilities scheduler.
To access the Scheduler workspace, go to the SOAPware menu and Click Schedule.
Add a Facility
- Click on the Tools menu
- Select Manage Facilities
Edit the Facility
To make a provider/resource visible on a facilities schedule, select the desired facility, then click the Edit button.
Click the Scheduler tab.
To make a provider visible on the facilities schedule:
- Select the Provider's name
- Click the Edit button
- Check the box next to "Visible" to activate the provider for the selected facility.
Set Working Hours for the Provider
In addition, the provider's working hours can be customized. To do this:
- Select a day of the week
- Click the Edit button
- Enter the Start and End Times.
- Check the "Is Available" box to make the provider available for appointments (OR uncheck the "Is Available" box to indicate that the provider does not work on the selected day).
- Click OK.
Repeat the steps above to customize the provider's working hours.
The Outlining tab can be used to create color coded scheduling outlines for providers/resources.
- Click the Outlining tab
- Click the Add Outline (green +) button to create a new outline for the provider/resource
The Outline Dialog box will appear. Complete the Outline Name, Color, Open Time, Close Time and Days of the week.
Some examples of how outlining can be used includes:
- Creating a color coded outline to show what times the provider accepts walk in appointments
- Creating a color coded outline to show what times the provider schedules surgeries
- Creating a color coded outline to show what times the provider schedules new patient appointments
Click the OK button to save the new Outline.
Recurring Appointments for Providers/Resources
Recurring appointment can also be created for both providers and resources. Recurring appointment can be helpful to create lunch break appointments or other commonly recurring meetings.
To create a new recurring appointment:
- Select the Recurrence tab
- Click the Create Recurrence (green +) button
- Appointment Time: Enter the Start Time and End Time for the recurring appointment.
- Recurrence Pattern: Select the frequency of the recurrence. For example, if the recurrence occurs every Monday-Friday, select "Daily" and "Every Weekday".
- Range of Recurrence: Select the "End date" for the recurrence. Users can select the recurrence to end after a certain number of occurrences or to end by a certain date.
- Comments: Enter the reason for the recurrence. The text entered into the Comments box will display on the schedule.
Saving the Provider/Resource Changes
After making the provider/resource visible and editing the working hours, outlining, and recurrence tabs; Click the OK button to save the changes.
Creating a New Resource for the Facility
Resources can be created for the facility. This will allow the clinic to create a calendar or schedule for other resources within the clinic. For example, the clinic may want a calendar for the in house lab or the clinic may need a calendar for the Nurse appointments, etc.
- To create a new Resource, Click the Resources tab under Provider/Resource Management.
- Click the Add Resource button (green +).
- Enter the Name of the Resource (ex: Nurse Appointments, In-House Lab, etc.)
- Check the box to make the new resource Visible on the facility schedule
- Edit the working hours, outlining and recurrence appointments as desired.
- Click OK to save the new resource
Click the Update button to save all changes.