This lesson will focus on showing the user how to look at each field header's history within a SOAP Note, as well as how to print a copy of a field history.
SOAP Note Fields
Each field within a SOAP Note has a field history or a recount of structured SMARText items and/or free text entered into each field for a particular patient. Lets take a look at the steps to view and print a field history for a patients Medications field.
Right click on the Medications header, or right click within the Medications field. From the drop down, select History Rx.
Medications Field History
Generalized points of interest:
- A user is able to click the Print button, in order to have a hard copy of a particular field history.
- A patient's name and specific chart number will be displayed at the top of the Field History dialog box.
- SMARText items and/or free text that has ever been entered into a field, will be divided by visit date, and organized showing the most recent visit to the oldest of visits.
- A user is not able to alter or make changes/additions within the Field History dialog box.
Specific to the Medications field:
- All medications within SOAP Notes, will be presented in the field history regardless of if the medication was prescribed via Rx Manager, or through printing a prescription through Document Designer.