Custom Patient Reporting
This lesson will describe the custom patient reporting feature available in SOAPware.
What is Custom Patient Reporting?
Custom patient reporting allows SOAPware users to generate reports on patients based on multiple criteria including demographics, appointment/scheduling information, billing/claim data, etc. Each selection made within any of the categories creates an "AND" statement. This means it will only report on patients that meet ALL of the criteria selected, as opposed to only meeting one of the criteria selected.
Default Output Information (in Columns):
- Account Number
- First Name
- Last Name
- Zip Code
- Home Phone
- Columns for each custom reporting option will be included (ie: if you search on birth date, a column for birth date will be added to the data output).
Creating a Custom Patient Report
To create a custom patient report, specify the items that you wish to be included in the report by using the fields available within each category.
- Demographic Info
- Scheduling Info
- Insurance Policy Info
- Billing Info
For example, if you want to create a report that shows all patients age 65+ who had an appointment in the last year, enter the following information into the Demographic and Scheduling Info Sections:
- Age: From 65; To (leave blank)
- Appointment Date: Enter From date and To date (ex: 1/1/2012-12/31/2012). *Note: The scheduling appointment will only search for appointments that have been created on the scheduler; this will not search encounters created.
*Note: To include the patient's email address with the report, check the "Include Patient Email" box.
The custom report will be generated and displayed in a Print Preview. From the print preview the following actions can be performed:
- Print: Print the report.
- Page Setup: Edit the scale, size and margins for the report.
- Navigation: View multiple pages within the report.
- Zoom: Zoom In/Out.
- Export: Export the file to disk or email and save as one of the following file types: PDF, HTML, MHT, RTF, XLS, XLSX, CSV, Text, Image.
- Close: To exit the report, click the Close Print Preview button.