Creating a Multi-Sel List to Enter Multiple SMARText Items with One Shortcut Code
This lesson will describe how to create a multi-sel list that will enter multiple SMARText Items using one shortcut code.
Open the SMARText Items Manager
Open the SMARText Items Manager by clicking on Docutainers > SMARText Items or by pressing F10 on the keyboard.
Create a List
Once you have opened the SMARText Items Manager:
- Click the button with the green plus to create a new item.
- Select List.
- Click the Create button.
SMARText Designer Window
- Enter the Shortcut code, Description, Keywords, and Display Header for the Multi-Sel List.
- Check the box to indicate "only when item is empty".
Next, the user should position the SMARText Items Manager window and the SMARText Designer window side by side.
In the SMARText Items Manager window, search for the SMARText Items that you wish to be included. Once located, click and drag all desired SMARText Items into the Items Settings box.
Next, set the Item Separators to Separate Lines.
Click the Save button.
Edit the New Multi-Sel List
After saving the new Multi-Sel List, the user will need to Edit some properties in the list. To do this:
- Search for the new multi-sel list using it's shortcut code.
- Select the multi-sel list from the search results.
- Click the Edit button.
The SMARText Designer window will open again with the Display header shown in blue text.
- Click on the display header (see #1 above).
- From the SMARText Quick Access window, check all SMARText Items that you wish to be entered with the new shortcut code.
Once the SMARText Items are checked, they will display in the SMARText Designer as shown above.
Inserting the New Multi-Sel List into the Documentation
After saving the edited multi-sel list, place your cursor in the desired field and type in the shortcut code. Press the space bar to expand your shortcut code.
Once the space bar is pressed to expand your shortcut code, the SMARText mutli-sel list will insert each SMARText Item that was included.