Q: How do you put a prescription on hold?
A: The "Notes" sub-item of a medication is the area in which notes to the pharmacist can be documented.
Tools - Options
To ensure that the "Notes" sub-item is present in all medications entered into the SOAPnote, a user will need to select it as an option. This setting is user-specific.
- Click on Tools on the menu bar.
- Click on Options.
Setting the Default Sub-item
- Click to highlight Structured Rx.
- On the Default Layout tab, Click to place a check in the box next to Pharmacy Note.
- Click Close.
Using the Notes Sub-item
When the SMARText medication is inserted into a SOAPnote, the "Notes" sub-item will be visible.
- Click next to "Notes" ( the item will turn green and small green brackets will appear).
- Type the note to the pharmacist between the brackets. This information will be sent to the pharmacist via the Rx Manager.