Entering Performed Immunizations
New immunizations that have been performed should be entered using Order Manager. When an immunization is submitted, faxed or printed in Order Manager, it will be automatically transferred to the new Immunization chart section to record the immunization has been performed.
Open Order Manager
With a patient chart and SOAP Note open, go to Documents > Order Entry > Order Manager, to place an immunization order.
Create a New Immunization Order
Click the Create New Order button.
- Type the shortcut or keyword in the Find field, and click the Search (magnifying glass) button. *Note: If you have never used this immunization before and need to download the immunization, check the "Include Cloud Library Items".
- When the preferred Immunization Order item appears in the list, double-click the order list item, or click on the order list item and then click the Select button.
- Click to highlight the immunization being ordered and the vaccine will be presented with sub-items in the middle of the Order Manager window.
- Click on each sub-item to view choices in the SMARText Quick Access window.
- Select the appropriate choice for each sub-item.
-Entering Vaccine Information Sheet Dates for Combination Vaccines
When a combination vaccine is ordered, the Date VIS Published and Date VIS Given sub-items will allow the user to document the vaccine information sheet dates that are associated with each individual vaccine in the combination vaccine as required for immunization submission.
After clicking on the sub-item, the user should select a date for each individual vaccine in the SMARText Quick Access window.
- Entering Vaccine Status
Ensure that, for a new immunization that is being administered, that the Status sub-item is set to "New immunization record". Click on the Status sub-item and select New immunization record from the SMARText Quick Access window.
Print, Fax or Submit Order
To confirm the immunization order, the user can print, fax, or click the Confirm button. For instructions on printing, faxing and confirming orders from Order Manager, please see: Placing Orders for Immunizations in Order Manager.
Transfer to Immunizations Chart Section
Once the order has been confirmed, it will be transferred to the active SOAP note, as well as, the Working Orders section of Order Manager. If the confirmed order is an immunization, it will also be transferred to the Immunizations chart section and be recorded in the Performed section.
Complete the Immunization Order
Once the immunization is in the Working Orders section, it can continue to be modified by the clinic staff. Additional sub-items can be completed once the immunization has been administered to the patient. When the staff is finished with the order, clicking the Complete Order button will move the order to the Order Manager History tab for storing. As the order is modified in the Working Orders section, it will also be updated in the SOAP Note Plan field.
Deleting an Immunization from the Chart Section
To remove an immunization from the Performed or Not Performed section of the Immunizations chart section, simply click the X icon located next to the immunization.