Download New Observation Items for CQM Reporting
New Observation Items
A new SMARText Item type has been added to the SOAPware Cloud Library called Observation Items. These items are LOINC coded items that will be needed to document for several Clinical Quality Measures.
Download Individual Observation Items
To download an individual Observation item for use in Clinical Quality Measure documentation, follow the steps below:
- Open the SMARText Items Manager (Docutainers > SMARText Items or F10).
- Check the box to Include Cloud Library Items.
- In the Find box, type a keyword (search for Observation items by using the LOINC code or relevant keywords). Click the Find button.
- Highlight the item that you wish to download.
- Click the blue Download button.
The item is now downloaded to your local library for use in Clinical Quality Measure documentation.
All Observation items are LOINC Codes. Loinc Codes is common language (set of identifiers, names and codes) for clinical and laboratory observations.
If you think of an observation as a "question" and the observation result value as an "answer":
LOINC codes represent the “question” for a test/measurement.
For more information on LOINC Codes or searching for code values please see : https://loinc.org/get-started/02.html