Order Manager Changes
Redesign of Order Manager
Order Manager has been completely re-designed, based on user feedback, and now includes the following features:
- Re-designed Active orders section that allows for a streamlined workflow for faxing, printing and submitting orders.
- New Results Pending section that allows the clinic to track pending orders and to relate test results to the original order.
- New Order History tab that contains a complete history of orders placed within the patient's Order Manager.
- New All Pending Orders report that compiles a list of the clinics pending orders for all patients.
Order Manager will be used by Stage 2 eligible providers to meet the Meaningful Use measures for:
- CPOE for Laboratory and Radiology Orders
- Summary of Care
The Active orders section allows the user to:
- Place a new order(s) for the patient.
- Complete the necessary sub-items for the order, including the ordering provider, due date, related Dx, etc.
- Print/Fax or Submit an order for the patient. This will automatically transfer the order(s) to the active SOAPnote Plan field. In addition, it will move the order(s) to the Results Pending section of Order Manager.
The Results Pending section will display any order(s) that have been printed/faxed or submitted for the patient and have not yet been resolved or transferred to the patients history. This section allows the user to:
- Edit any sub-items for the order if the SOAPnote has not yet been signed off (if the SOAPnote is signed off, the order will not be editable).
- Print or Fax the order(s).
- Resolve the order by relating the test results to the original order and moving the order to the History section of Order Manager.
- Transfer the order to the History section of Order Manager.
Results Pending: Resolve Order
Results Pending: Transfer to History
The History tab will display a list of all resolved or completed orders that have been placed in the patients Order Manager. This section allows the user to:
- View all orders that have been placed for the active patient along with the order date and ordering provider. *Note: The History tab will only display orders that have been placed from within Order Manager.
- View the results that have been related to the order by clicking on the docutainer name that is listed in the Related Results column.
All Pending Orders Report
The All Pending Orders report will display a list of all orders for all patients that are currently pending for the clinic. This section allows the user to:
- View all pending orders along with the order date, ordering provider, order name, CPT code, related Dx, patient name, patient DOB, due date and overdue date.
- Double-click on the order line item to open the corresponding patients chart and order in Order Manager.
- Print the list of all pending orders.
The Print List button in the All Pending Orders dialog will allow the user to preview the report, as well as, export the report to several file types including, PDF, Excel, CSV and more.